The Chairman, the Right Honourable Sir Patrick Coghlin, is due to make a statement at a second preliminary hearing of the Public Inquiry into the non-domestic renewable heat incentive (RHI) scheme in the Senate Chamber, Parliament Buildings, Stormont, Belfast, at 11.00 am.
Following on from his first statement on 27th April, he will give an update on a number of matters, including the progress of the extensive evidence gathering process which has been underway since the announcement to set up the Inquiry by the then Minister of Finance Máirtín Ó Muilleor MLA on 24th January, 2017.
Sir Patrick will also comment on procedural matters and give an indication of the timetable for the next phase of the Inquiry.
Notes to editors
- This is the first time that the Inquiry will make use of the Senate Chamber in Parliament Buildings, which will be the venue for subsequent oral hearings.
- Members of the media will be admitted to a designated area inside the Senate Chamber at 10.50. This hearing is also open to the public.
- Journalists who do not possess media accreditation to Parliament Buildings are asked to report to the reception desk in the Main Hall. On proof of identity – either an NUJ card or a headed letter, signed by an editorial executive on behalf of the organisation they are representing - they will then be issued with a temporary media pass, which can be returned on departure.
- The Chairman’s statement is expected to last between thirty minutes and an hour. There will be no other speakers, and he will not be taking questions.
- An audio-video feed to the broadcast media outlets will be provided by Pi Communications. Organisations requiring access to the feed can contact Norah-Anne Barron - firstname.lastname@example.org
- A pool facility will be in place for photographic coverage. It is being provided by Pacemaker. The agency can be contacted via David McCormick – email@example.com
- The Inquiry website address is www.rhiinquiry.org
- All media requests for information should be directed to: Deric Henderson, media advisor to the Inquiry. He can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 07802175350